League of Legends Secrets

League of Legends Secrets
Click on the banner for more info!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Played the Fire Emblem: Awakening Demo!

Well, the demo technically came out on the 17th of January, but I hadn't had time to play it until yesterday. The demo contains the prologue and the first chapter of the full game, and you are forced to use the default avatar for your My Unit. In a curious choice, you are allowed to play on any of the game's three difficulties (Normal, Hard and Lunatic). I beat the demo on Normal, and then tried Lunatic for the sake of it. I'd just like to say that Lunatic is HARD. Brutally much so. The only saving grace is that you can play on Casual Mode (in fact, for the demo you have to), and there is no permadeath in Casual Mode. So, you can have certain units wall for your other units and get through the missions that way as well (even so, my best attempt on Lunaticwas me losing Chapter 1 on turn three). I'm predicting that the most hardcore players will have quite the monumental task ahead trying to do a Classic Lunatic run.

Besides that, I decided to write the first of (what I hope to be) many Fire Emblem: Awakening articles. You may be wondering what I could talk about when the game isn't even out in most of the world. Well, I can still give my own helpful tips and tricks on building your My Unit for the campaign that will await him/her next month. After all, Fire Emblem is a series with a relatively stable mechanics foundation, and a lot of them translate to this newest 3DS iteration.

So, please stop by at: http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/My-Unit-Tips-and-Tricks-for-Fire-Emblem-Awakening

Until the next time, take care and have fun! ;)

-Winterfate

No comments:

Post a Comment