League of Legends Secrets

League of Legends Secrets
Click on the banner for more info!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Learning How To Ruby for possible scripts in my game development

Well, hello there everyone! I got a book today in the mail called Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The information it contains is extremely concise and detailed, and is perfect even if you've never touched a programming language in your life. Of course, having a little previous knowledge never hurt anyone.

I'm currently looking over RPG Maker VX Ace's script database and seeing what kinds of things I'd like to add to my game. However, since the meat and bones of my game is already done, I don't anticipate adding too many scripted things. However, you never know. :)

Besides that, I started playing Pokemon Conquest a few days ago, and I have to say that it is pretty darn fun. It's like a lite-strategy RPG for those who don't want to risk the permadeath of Fire Emblem or don't want to spend a long time per quest like in Final Fantasy tactics.

Finally, I've launched my very own e-book for the Kindle related to RPG Maker VX Ace. It's for beginners who want to learn about ways to use RPG Maker VX Ace to do cool things without the use of scripting, so it's definitely not for everyone. However, if you're a beginner, I daresay it will help you out. I wish I knew most of the things I wrote in that e-book when I started!

Anyway, that's about it from me for now!

Until the next time, take care and have fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment