League of Legends Secrets

League of Legends Secrets
Click on the banner for more info!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Game Post 10 - Version 1.03e in the Forums and Other Things

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 *as written over at http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/blog/97/entry-542-game-post-10-version-103e-in-the-forums-and-other-things/ *

Long time no see, guys and girls! Hope you've all been great!

At my end, I've been busy at work doing lots of research for the commercial release of Part 1 of my game, Dryantia. I'm going to be taking the month of July to work all of the details out, whereupon I plan to release Version 1.04 as my first commercial release. I'm not really trying to set a certain date in stone since things happen. In any case, while I'm setting up shop, you can download version 1.03e for free in this very forum: http://forums.rpgmak...12467-dryantia/

Besides that, I've been tweaking Part 1 of Dryantia to make the mid-game less punishing, as noted by Matseb during his playthrough of the game. What happened was that, during one of my various test runs of the game, I decided that the exp curve was too flat (allowing players to cap with virtually no effort) and made it a little steeper. However, it turned out to be too steep while Lemnar was in his teens, making the Umbraloth fight nearly unbeatable at low levels (necessitating a ridiculous amount of grinding). So, I debuffed Umbraloth a bit and boosted the experience points that many of the monsters in the mid-game give. That should make that portion of the game more bearable (really, once you have your party members, many fights are much easier).

In addition, I've been fixing some minor bugs that have pretty much no effect on the game but were bugging (punny!) me (mainly word-wrapping issues in text boxes and stuff).

Part 2 of Dryantia is chugging along at a sloths pace since I want to concentrate on getting Part 1 out into the world proper before I really dig in to Part 2 (that and I'm in dire need of some custom graphics so I don't have like 7 placeholder battlers, which is starting to distract me to be honest. The good news here is that I have the first three dungeons completed as well as all of the creatures I have envisioned for said dungeons (with the sole exception of the third dungeon boss).

I don't have much more to add at this time, but feel free to ask questions in the comments section. :D

Until the next time, take care and have fun! ;)

- Winterfate
---  --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -

No comments:

Post a Comment